Apply via email only (don't phone shop). Make it clear in the subject line which position you are applying for. Applications are usually processed within 7 days of receipt, and contact made within that time if required. Therefore if you've not heard anything from us with 7 days, assume the application was not successful. (Please understand that we receive many applications for the few positions we have available. Many awesome folks miss out...... )
Chef - qualified
We need someone skilled to join our award winning kitchen. Someone who loves cooking, is excited by garden produce, and can dig in (no pun intended!) and get stuff done.
Classification: full time
Hours: roughly 6am-4pm 4 days per week, including weekends. Extra days, or hours may be needed (covering for others who are absent etc)
Duties: All aspects of our kitchen operations may be required. Primarily required for short order service cooking (breakfast and lunch), and dessert / deli prep / general prep. The ability to work alone, and maintain standards is crucial.
* high level of trade skills.
* experience in a contemporary breakfast establishment. knowledge of current breakfast and cafe food trends
* experience in high volume, small kitchen service. translation: you've worked in a small place that's crazy busy, and serves many meals to a high standard.
* The ability to work alone, and maintain standards is crucial (thats a polite way of saying that you need to do an awesome job, even if nobody is watching you!).
* Supervise apprentices.
* You must be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge, and practical application, of current food safety practices and principals. This is not just lip service to a nice idea - you must be committed to the practice of safe food service.
Award pay rates and conditions