Apply via email only (don't phone shop). Make it clear in the subject line which position you are applying for. Applications are usually processed within 7 days of receipt, and contact made within that time if required. Therefore if you've not heard anything from us with 7 days, assume the application was not successful. (Please understand that we receive many applications for the few positions we have available. Many awesome folks miss out...... )
cafe attendant - casual
We're looking for someone to join our front of house team. Of course, working in a small team means that you'll end up being rostered on for aspects of our front of house operations (register, running etc) at some point.
Hours: casual: The total amount of hours on offer is flexible, depending on your needs, and your abilities. Typically it could be 15-30hours per week. common shifts are 7am-11am, 7am - 3pm, 3pm -7pm, half day morning or afternoon sat / sun. will include weekend work. and some split shifts (i.e. 7-11am and then 3-7pm)
Duties: All aspects of our front of house operations may be required. Primarily required for barista work (coffee, tea, blended drinks, cake service etc).
* great customer service is a must (that means a welcoming smile, no matter how busy.)
* You must be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge, and practical application, of current food safety practices and principals. A safe food handling certificate is most favourably looked upon. This is not just lip service to a nice idea - you must be committed to the practice of safe food service.
* prior experience in high volume up market cafe
* ability to do 3 plate carry
* cafe making experience not required, but is certainly an advantage
* willingness to jump in and get things done. the nice jobs, and the messy ones!
We have a committed team of long serving hospitality professionals who love what they do, and where they do it. there's a great vibe, and camaraderie amongst the staff. sound like a place you'd like to work?
Award pay rates and conditions
apply via email only email@example.com