Apply via email only (don't phone shop). Make it clear in the subject line which position you are applying for. Applications are usually processed within 7 days of receipt, and contact made within that time if required. Therefore if you've not heard anything from us with 7 days, assume the application was not successful. (Please understand that we receive many applications for the few positions we have available. Many awesome folks miss out...... )
Barista / cafe attendant
We're looking for someone who can produce a great coffee, and an even greater smile, to join our front of house team. Of course, working in a small team means that you'll end up being rostered on for aspects of our front of house operations (register, running etc) at some point.
Classification: casual or permanent full time ( 8 weeks probation period applies)
Hours: casual: The total amount of hours on offer is flexible, depending on your needs, and your abilities. Typically it could be 15-30hours per week. full time hours, after qualifying period are 38hrs per week. common shifts are 7am-11am, 7am - 3pm, 3pm -7pm, half day morning or afternoon sat / sun. will include weekend work.
full time: the shifts will be fixed, 38hrs per week. specific details will depend on applicant. will include weekend work. extra shifts (covering others who are sick or on leave) may be required.
Duties: All aspects of our front of house operations may be required. Primarily required for barista work (coffee, tea, blended drinks, cake service etc).
* minimum 3 years experience in high volume (12kg coffee per week minimum), high quality coffee service.
* understand the construction of standard coffee offerings
* have a good understanding of the mechanics of coffee making. can you adjust the grinder to achieve the perfect pour. and what is the perfect espresso anyway?
* for all your great coffee skills, you aren't so caffeine focussed to forget that the customer is the one we all do this for! great customer service is a must (that means a welcoming smile, no matter how busy. and not turning your nose up when someone wants an almond milk decaf, half strength. "no problem" i hear you say! great...
* You must be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge, and practical application, of current food safety practices and principals. A safe food handling certificate is most favourably looked upon. This is not just lip service to a nice idea - you must be committed to the practice of safe food service.
We have a committed team of long serving hospitality professionals who love what they do, and where they do it. there's a great vibe, and camaraderie amongst the staff. sound like a place you'd like to work?
Award pay rates and conditions
apply via email only email@example.com